Monday, April 5, 2010

The Gun Show

OK, I know it’s been a few days, but believe me, I’m still in it. My training is going well, though it seems a little one-sided. Lots of running, though apparently I need to work on looking like I’m being chased, like how my BFFs do (of course, I secretly hate them). As of late, my runs have been pretty moderate (4 miles/40 minutes). I have five solid months to train and I’m in the market for a bike and a wetsuit. This is the week (for the bike anyway). And I know I’m serious about this dag-on race (trying to channel my inner warrior) because my major purchase this month will be athletic equipment instead of a fantastic pair of red-soled 5” peep toe sling-backs to ring in the spring.

(In case you were wondering, Christian Louboutin, Crepe-de-Chine Slingback: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod95030181&parentId=cat13030777&masterId=cat13030764&index=4&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030734cat13030764cat13030777.)

Perhaps I will just take them from Neiman Marcus and work on that whole “running like I stole something” thing. I guess whatever it takes to keep my workouts spicy. Naturally, if that doesn’t work out I know I will get plenty of practice running from brooms in the Big House. Precious??? It’s a win-win situation, really.

Sidebar: And really, I am NOT this obnoxious, but funny is funny...
I was working out with my trainer who is also a very good friend (here-to-fore known as Rebecca, The Miracle Worker), and she had me doing some arm-weights. I’m looking in the mirror (as all good stories start), and I ask Rebecca TMW, “Did you get your tickets?” She says, “To What?”
Could this be so easy?!
Me: “To the Gun Show!” Rebecca TMW: “What’s the Gun Show?”
Oh Dear…

No comments:

Post a Comment